1. The first step when an INGO intends to operate in Rwanda is to consult the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration/ DGI&E (Central level Kacyiru Headquarters) in order to get guidance’s; list of Requirements and detail information regarding registration.
2.The second step is to consult relevant Line Ministry for Orientation and Signing a Memorandum of understanding /MOU or recommendation letter.
3. The third step is to go in District to harmonize INGO action plan with the District priorities. However, this is not subject to INGOs operating on the Central level.
4. The fourth step is gathering and binding all registration requirements with glue on order according to the arrangement of requirements as it appears on the website.
NB: The domain(s) of intervention should be corresponded to the recommendation letter from the line ministry.
When this process is carried out by a foreigner he or she is advised
1. A power of attorney from the Head Office assigning a representative of new INGO applying for registration in Rwanda. However, this is not applied to the Founder /CEO of the Organization.
2. Application Letter addressed to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration/DGIE.
3. Annual action plan for fiscal year (July-June) aligned with the vision 2020/EDPRS II and DDP (District Development Plan).
4. Notarized Statute/Bylaw issued by competent Authority of the country where that INGO’s Head Office is located.
5. Signed proof of funding/or a commitment letter from the donor or INGO international head office.
6. Detailed Annual Budget for July-June Fiscal year (administrative and developmental budget)
7. Recommendation letter or a Valid Memorandum of Understanding from the partnering line Ministry.
8. Proof of submission of action plan to the respective districts of operation. This is prepared using the Application form at the District level
9. Organizational structure of the INGO in Rwanda.